Each month our Quilting Guild will be challenged to give back to our community. We hope that you will be inspired to “Give back” to at least 1-2 of our events this year. Thank you!
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
January – Time to clean out our closets!
- Consider donating fabric that you no longer need, so Giver Bee, Quilts of Valor and others can turn them into quilts for those in need.
- Have a stockpile of gently used smaller quilts? We will share them with those in hospice, etc. who can appreciate the love you put into your quilt.
February – Head for the Marketplace!
- What’s it all about? Support this guild wide activity: Drop by their table to learn more and consider signing-up to be part of making the creations for our 2021 Quilt Show! See Diana Kane for details.
- Marketplace Project Calendar (Click Here)
March – It’s a Baby Shower!!!
With many of our organizations supporting babies we are having a baby shower!!!
- We encourage you to bring in your baby items to share. They will be distributed to various organizations in our community. Items to consider:(Handmade or purchased, watch for sales!!) Baby needs: Diapers (all sizes) and all baby items (wipes, Enfamil Liquid w/ iron, onesies, gowns) baby blankets and quilts, bibs, burp pads, can be made by our quilters.
April – It’s a “Taxing” Time!
- Let’s take a break and look over our stashes in preparation for May: “Quilts of Valor” project of red, white and blue!
May – Honoring those who serve!!!
- “Quilts of Valor” honors those who are alive and are or have honorably served in the military by creating a quilt for individuals. Join us with your donation of “Red, White, or Blue” fabric, and consider volunteering to help sew so we can honor more of our veterans.
June – Remember the Alamo!
- Our ongoing support to Alamo Hospice of Kerrville, makes this month special. We offer our support by making adult size bibs, sharing new or gentle used lap quilts, and Fiddle Mats! Fiddle mats? These are sensory mats to help dementia or autistic patients cope with fidgeting. How to make a Fiddle Mat (Click Here)
July – Christmas in July!
- It’s time to start creating our Christmas Stockings for the children in our community! Please bring in your donations of Christmas Fabric to share; Pick up patterns and fabric as needed (patterns and directions are also available on the HCQG website). Stockings will be collected each month as completed – deadline is the November Guild Meeting. Now thru September receive One Free Fat Quarter with your donation.
August – Back to School
- Our kids are heading back to school and its more than just school supplies. Children’s needs: hair brushes, combs, white socks and underwear (new). Help us fill a wagon of donations for the kids at Hill Country Youth Ranch.
September – End of Summer Challenge!
- Before things get hectic with the fall Holiday season, let’s take the time to whip up that stocking or baby quilt! Our Goal is to collect 75 stockings and 20 baby quilts by this month – can you help? “Remember this is the last month to turn in your stockings and get a Free Fat Quarter (one per member)!”
October – Remember our Furry Friends!
- Freeman-Fritts Animal Shelteris a no-kill shelter and promotes adoptions of homeless animals. Our Guild members create pet beds for the Shelter. Pets are given the bed when they arrive, and it is sent home with them when they are placed with a family, making the transition easier. Pick up your supplies at the guild meetings – See Margaret Beardslee for details.
November – Celebrate “Giving Back” As the Guild celebrates the end of another wonderful year, we thank you for your generosity.
- Final Stockings are collected and donated to organizations such as Hill Country Youth Ranch, K’STAR kids and others.
- As part of our Christmas Celebration we will be collecting stocking stuffers or cash/gift cards to fill those stockings you have so graciously created.