Each month our Quilt Guild will be challenged to give back to our community. We hope that you will be inspired to “Give back” to at least 1-2 of our events this year. Thank you!
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” Mother Teresa
January – Time to clean out our closets!
• Consider donating fabric that you no longer need, so Giver Bee, Quilts of Valor and others can turn them into quilts for those in need.
• Have a stockpile of gently used smaller quilts? We will share them with those in hospice, etc. who can appreciate the love you put into your quilt.
February – Remember our Furry Friends!
• Freeman-Fritts Animal Shelter is a no-kill shelter and promotes adoptions of homeless animals. Our Guild members create pet beds for the Shelter. Pets are given the bed when they arrive, and it is sent home with them when they are placed with a family, making the transition easier. Pick up your supplies at the guild meeting – See Susan Longacre for details.
• Sharing your Art! – We started taking the online entry forms in January, This month’s guild meeting is a great time to enter your special quilt for the May Quilt Show. Check the website or your membership directory for details and forms.
March – It’s a Baby Shower!!!
• With many of our organizations supporting babies we are having a baby shower!!!
• We encourage you to bring in your baby items to share. They will be distributed to various organizations in our community. Items to consider:(Handmade or purchased, watch for sales!!) Baby needs: Diapers (all sizes) and all baby items (wipes, Enfamil Liquid w/ iron, onesies, gowns) baby blankets and quilts, bibs, burp pads, can be made by our quilters.
April – Working together – Things happen!
• Time to work together to show our community that “Quilting is an Art”. Check in with Kathleen Grimstvedt to volunteer to help at this year’s Quilt Show! email@example.com or call 830-895-5686.
May – Bring a Friend
• Show your support for our Quilt Show; Invite a friend to experience the passion and artistic talent our members have.
June – Remember the Alamo!
• Our ongoing support to Alamo Hospice makes this month special. We offer our support by making adult size bibs and sharing new or gentle used lap quilts. So bring in your bibs and we will kick off the summer with a bundle of love for these folks!
July – Christmas in July!
• It’s time to start creating our Christmas Stockings for the children in our community! Please bring in your donations of Christmas Fabric to share; Pick up patterns and fabric as needed (patterns and directions are also available on the HCQG website). Stockings will be collected each month as completed – deadline is the November Guild Meeting.
August – Back to School
• Our kids are heading back to school and its more than just school supplies. Children’s needs: hair brushes, combs, white socks and underwear (new). Help us fill a wagon of donations for the kids at Hill Country Youth Ranch.
September – End of Summer Challenge!
• Before things get hectic with the fall Holiday season, let’s take the time to whip up that stocking or baby quilt! Our Goal is to collect 50 stockings and 20 baby quilts by this month – can you help?
October – Fall Frenzy
• We’re hosting a scramble of fun! Following our guild meeting, we are hosting a time for ladies to work together to finish up some holiday donations: Can you cut, sew, laugh and fellowship with others? Please join us, we can do this!!
November – Celebrate “Giving back”
• As the Guild celebrates the end of another wonderful year, we will invite representatives of the organizations we serve to join us and get to know “the ladies behind the love”.
• Final Stockings collected and donated to organizations such as Hill Country Youth Camp, K’STAR kids and others. Thank you!